Joseph Craft III, MD, FACC, a St. Louis native, is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Following graduation from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill as an ACC awarded scholar athlete with Dean’s List recognition, Dr. Craft received a medical degree from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in 1999, where he served as class president for 2 years and was an American Heart Association Student Scholar. He completed his internship, residency, and chief residency at Vanderbilt University, where he received the Resident Teaching Award and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, followed by cardiology fellowship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Craft served as President of the St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society and has held numerous national and local leadership positions in the American Medical Association. He has authored numerous articles in medical journals. Dr. Craft has been elected a St. Louis Best Doctor annually since 2013.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate: University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill – 1995 – ACC scholar athlete, Dean’s List
- Medical School: Wake Forest University School of Medicine – 1999 – Class President x 2 years, American Heart Association Scholar
- Internship, Residency, Chief Residency: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine – 1999 – 2002 – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Cardiology Fellowship: Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine – 2003 – 2006
BOARD CERTIFICATION & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine 2002; Recertification 2011
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease 2006; Recertification 2012
- National Board of Nuclear Cardiology – 2006
- National Board of Echocardiography – 2007
- COCATS Level 3 Certification, Cardiac Computed Tomography – 2006
- American College of Cardiology – Fellow
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society – Past President, and member
- American Telemedicine Association – Member
- Missouri State Medical Association – Member
- American Medical Association – Member
- American Society of Echocardiography – Member
- Missouri Medical Political Action Committee – Member
Dr. Craft’s interests include consultative cardiology, nuclear cardiology, and echocardiography, as well as chronic heart disease management.