Clark R. McKenzie, MD, FACC, is board certified in cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, echocardiography, internal medicine, and nephrology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the American College of Physicians, and the American Society of Echocardiography.
Dr. McKenzie graduated from The University of Missouri – Kansas City with undergraduate and medical school honors in 1988, including Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society election and the Florsheim Teaching Award. He completed his internship, residency, cardiology fellowship, and nephrology fellowship at Barnes Hospital – Washington University School of Medicine, where he also served a year as Chief Resident. He was awarded the Knowlton Incentive for Excellence Award by The Washington University School of Medicine. He has authored numerous book chapters and articles in medical journals. Dr. McKenzie has been elected a St. Louis Best Doctor annually since 2005.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate: University of MO-Kansas City – 1988 – with honors, Mortar Board honorary society
- Medical School: University of MO-Kansas City – 1989 – with honors, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Florsheim Teaching Award
- Internship, Residency, Nephrology and Cardiology Fellowships, and Chief Residency: Barnes Hospital, at The Washington
- University School of Medicine – 1989 – 1998 – Knowlton “Incentive for Excellence” Award
BOARD CERTIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine – 1993
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Nephrology – 1995
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease – 1998
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Intervention Cardiology – 2000
- National Board of Echocardiography – Adult Echocardiography – 1996
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American College of Cardiology – Fellow
- American College of Physicians – Fellow
- American Society of Echocardiography – Fellow
- American Society of Cardiovascular Interventionalists – Member
Dr. McKenzie’s interests include complex interventional cardiology and other vascular interventions.