Allen D. Soffer, MD, FACC, is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Following graduation from Emory University, Dr. Soffer received a medical degree from the University of Missouri- Kansas City School of Medicine in 1983. He completed his internship, residency, and cardiology fellowship training at The Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine. He served a chief residency year at Jewish Hospital, and subsequently was presented with the Teacher of the Year award. Dr. Soffer has authored numerous articles in medical journals. He has been elected a St. Louis Best Doctor annually since 2005.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate: Emory University – 1978 – Dean’s List
- Medical School: University of MO – Kansas City School of Medicine – 1983
- Internship, Residency, Cardiology Fellowship, and Chief Residency: Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine, 1983 – 1989
BOARD CERTIFICATION & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine – 1986
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease – 1989
- American College of Cardiology – Fellow
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society – Member
Dr. Soffer’s interests include consultative cardiology, nuclear medicine, and echocardiography.
Dr. Soffer and his family are active in St. Louis World Food Day, a charitable organization which oversees an annual food packaging event aimed at providing local and international hunger relief, as well as raising hunger awareness in the St. Louis area.