William F. Southworth, MD, FACC, is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Following graduation Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Washington University, Dr. Southworth played professional baseball, and then received a medical degree from Washington University in 1975. He completed his internship, residency, and cardiology fellowship at Jewish Hospital – Washington University School of Medicine in 1981. He served on the academic faculty of Washington University School of Medicine prior to entering private cardiology practice. He has authored numerous articles and abstracts in medical journals.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate: Washington University – 1969 – Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine – 1975
- Internship, Residency, and Cardiology Fellowship: Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine – 1975 – 1981
BOARD CERTIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine – 1980
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease – 1981
- American College of Cardiology – Fellow
Dr. Southworth’s interests include outpatient cardiology consultation. He sees patient in our Farmington office 5 days/week, and once monthly at our St. Louis office.